Do You Remember Fairmile?
Join the Silent Victories Bike Ride.
Silent Victories is a free 10 day long bike ride around the South West of England from the 1st -10th July that will visit places saved by direct action and analyse wider political questions around what makes social change.
The ride is passing the site of the Fairmile Road protest against the completion of the A30. Were you there? We are particularly looking for people with memories of the A30 protests to join the ride and share memories, reflections and learning.
On the ride we will:
- visit beautiful places in fine company,
- learn from communities that have successfully protected their area from destruction
- support ongoing campaigns
- investigate alternatives spaces
- discuss issues and learn from each other
- go swimming and eat lots of vegan food
All welcome, to learn, teach, share and take action.
To sign up to participate please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org